This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
These quick and easy Fudgy One Bowl Brownies are a rich and decadent treat to satisfy those intense chocolate cravings!
Click HERE to sign up for your FREE email subscription and never miss a recipe!
I found out when I published my tried and true recipe for One Bowl Chocolate Cake last summer that there are lots of folks out there who appreciate the ease of one bowl baking. Based on the response, I decided it was time to set my sights to creating this quick and easy brownie recipe.
My goal was to create a quick mix and bake recipe with a cocoa powder base so there were no pans or melting of chocolate involved, but it had to yield a fudgy brownie. After a couple of attempts I’m happy to be sharing the end result with you just in time for Valentine’s Day.
These brownies are for the true chocolate lover. They have a deep, rich chocolate flavor and the best part… they are so fast and easy to make!
The dry ingredients are whisked together in a large mixing bowl – flour, sugar, cocoa powder, and salt.
The wet ingredients are beat into the dry mixture with an electric mixer and they include – eggs, vegetable oil, pure vanilla extract, a little bit of melted and cooled butter, and a couple of tablespoons of very hot water. To intensify the fudginess, I stirred in 1/2 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips.
Beautiful, silky brownie batter.
Transfer the batter to a 13″ x 9″ baking dish that you’ve coated with non-stick cooking spray.
I scattered some bittersweet chocolate chips over the top for good measure.
Don’t be tempted to bake these longer than directed. For the correct texture you want to get them out of the oven and allow them to continue to set up as they cool. Store the cut brownies in an airtight container and they will stay fudgy and delicious for several days.
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1-1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup butter melted and cooled
- 2 tablespoons very hot water
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet or bittersweet chocolate chips divided (see recipe note)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 13" x 9" baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together the flour, granulated sugar, cocoa powder, and salt until well combined. Using an electric hand or stand mixer, beat in eggs, vegetable oil, and vanilla just until combined. Add melted and cooled butter and hot water and beat again, just until combined. Use a spoon to stir 1/2 cup of the chocolate chips into the batter and spoon the batter into the prepared baking dish, spreading out evenly. Sprinkle with remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out mostly clean with just a few moist crumbs. Don't be tempted to bake longer as brownies will set up a bit as they cool. Allow to cool completely in baking dish before slicing.