This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Cheesy Vegetable Rice is a hearty, comforting meal that is sure to please the entire family. Summer comfort food at it’s best!
This post was sponsored by Sargento® but the opinions expressed are 100% my own.
Hello, friends! Get ready for a summer grilling recipe that’s going to make you do a little happy dance.
It starts with pork tenderloin that is coated with a delicious dry rub and then grilled to perfection. Brush on some BBQ sauce to create a spiced, caramelized situation that will make your taste buds sing. The pork is then sliced into medallions and served on top of cheesy rice that includes broccoli, cherry tomatoes, and corn. Homey, summery, comforting, DELICIOUS!
I frequently have Food Network on in the background while I work and recently got deep into a Chopped marathon. I’m sure you’ve all seen the show and if you’re anything like me, you’ve probably had some opinions about what you’d do with those secret basket ingredients.
Well, now’s your chance to put those ideas to work! Food Network and Sargento® have partnered to bring us Round 3 of the Chopped at Home Challenge – the grilling round. This is your opportunity to create your own Chopped-inspired dish from the comfort of your own home. Submit your recipe for the chance to win $5,000 and a trip to New York City to compete in a televised Chopped cooking challenge for a $10,000 grand prize! For more on the contest and how to enter, visit FoodNetwork.com/ChoppedChallenge.
This recipe is my shot at it and I’d love to see what you all come up with.
Time to reveal the secret basket ingredients…
Pork tenderloin, broccoli, cherry or grape tomatoes, and Sargento Chef Blends Shredded 4 State Cheddar Cheese.
I ran through several ideas before settling on this Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Cheesy Vegetable Rice and, I have to say, the resulting dish was fabulous!
Here is how it’s done.
First, let’s mix up the dry rub for the pork tenderloin. Combine the spices you see above in the amounts specified on the recipe card below. You should have just enough for one package of pork tenderloin in the 2 to 2-1/2 pound range.
While your outdoor grill is heating up, pat the dry rub on to the surface of the pork and drizzle each tenderloin with a bit of olive oil to prevent them from sticking to the grill.
Grill the pork over medium heat, turning once about halfway through cooking time, cooking until it reaches an internal temperature of 150 degrees F with an instant-read thermometer. Baste the pork liberally with your favorite brand of BBQ sauce towards the end of the cooking time and cook it for just a couple minutes more to caramelize the surface.
While the pork is cooking bring 3 cups of low-sodium chicken broth to a boil in a large saucepan over high heat and add 1-1/2 cups long grain white rice. Reduce the heat, cover the pan and cook the rice for about 15 minutes, or until all the broth has been absorbed. Cooking the rice in chicken broth instead of water will add some nice flavor.
Remove the pork from the grill and let it rest while you finish preparing the Cheesy Vegetable Rice.
Coat a 12″ skillet with a couple of tablespoons of olive oil and saute 2 cups of chopped broccoli florets until just fork tender. Add 1 cup halved cherry or grape tomatoes, 1 cup of fresh or frozen corn, and some minced garlic.
Continue to cook and stir the veggies until the tomatoes have softened and the garlic is nice and fragrant.
Add the cooked rice and a 7.5 ounce package of Sargento Chef Blends Shredded 4 State Cheddar Cheese.
You can find Sargento shredded cheese in 30 unique and versatile varieties including this blend of sharp Wisconsin Cheddar, sharp Vermont Cheddar, sharp New York Cheddar and mild California Cheddar cheeses. It is perfect for just about any purpose and is delicious in this rice. Like all of Sargento’s shredded cheese, it is cut from 100% blocks of real, natural cheese.
Add some fresh, minced Italian parsley to brighten it up and stir until the cheese has melted.
Serve a few slices of the pork over the top of a big scoop of the Cheesy Vegetable Rice. I love the vibrant vegetables and the color the cheese lends to the rice. With the flavorful grilled pork on top, it is a rustic, beautiful dish.
Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Cheesy Vegetable Rice
Grilled Pork Tenderloin:
- One package pork tenderloin 2-1/4 to 2-1/2 pounds
- Pork Spice Rub see below
- 3 tablespoons olive oil or as needed
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce or more as needed
Pork Spice Rub:
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons granulated garlic
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper or to taste
Cheesy Vegetable Rice:
- 1-1/2 cups long grain white rice
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups chopped fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup halved cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn kernels no need to thaw frozen corn
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 7.5 ounce package Sargento Chef Blends Shredded 4 State Cheddar Cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh Italian parsley
- Combine spice rub ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- Bring chicken broth to a boil in a large saucepan over HIGH heat. Add rice, reduce heat to LOW, cover and cook for 15 minutes or until broth has been absorbed and rice is tender. Remove from heat.
- Liberally coat pork tenderloin with dry rub on all sides and drizzle with olive oil. Let the coated pork rest while you prepare your outdoor grill on MEDIUM heat.
- Place pork on the grill. Cover and cook about 15 to 20 minutes or until it reaches an internal temperature of 150 degrees F when tested in the thickest portion with an instant-read thermometer. Baste the pork liberally with barbecue sauce towards of the cooking time, grilling for an additional 2 or 3 minutes to caramelize the exterior.
- Transfer from the grill to a cutting board and allow to rest for 10 minutes while you prepare the Cheesy Vegetable Rice.
- Add oil to a 12" skillet and place over medium heat. Add broccoli and cook, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes or until fork tender. Add tomatoes, corn, garlic, and seasoning salt. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until tomatoes have softened and garlic is fragrant. Reduce heat to low and add hot cooked rice and cheese, stirring until cheese has melted. Remove from heat and stir in parsley.
- Slice pork tenderloin into medallions about 1" thick. Serve sliced tenderloin over a big scoop of the rice.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Sargento. The opinions and text are all mine.