Small but mighty, these Italian Roast Beef Sliders involve simple ingredients, take just minutes to prepare and are packed with flavor!
I’ve been on a bit of a slider kick lately.
When I did the Slow Cooker BBQ Buffalo Chicken Sliders for Super Bowl it really got me thinking that I should make these little gems more often. Everyone loves them, you can do them a zillion different ways, and if you add a salad full of fresh veggies on the side, they make a wonderful busy day meal.
I decided to go the roast beef route this time around and paired it with the Italian flavors of Provolone cheese and and sweet, tangy chopped pepperoncini. I brushed the tops of the slider buns with a mixture of melted butter, Dijon, Worcestershire, and Italian seasonings and added a sprinkle of poppy seeds for a little texture. Then it’s just a matter of popping them in the oven for about 15 minutes.
Incredibly fast and easy and incredibly tasty! We love them for dinner and they are also a fantastic choice for a game day gathering.
If you’re a slider fan be sure to check out these other great recipes:
Slow Cooker BBQ Buffalo Sliders
Sloppy Joe Sliders
Ham and Cheese Sliders
Turkey Bacon Ranch Sliders with Blue Cheese
Italian Roast Beef Sliders
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon granulated garlic or garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- 12 Hawaiian sweet rolls, (I used the Kings Hawaiian Savory Butter variety)
- 4 ounces sliced Provolone cheese, (6 slices)
- ½ pound thinly sliced deli roast beef
- ½ cup diced jarred pepperoncini, (like Mezzetta brand)
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds, or as needed
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat a rectangular baking dish large enough to hold your slider rolls with nonstick cooking spray.
- Whisk together the melted butter, Worcestershire, Dijon, Italian seasoning, granulated garlic or garlic powder, and onion powder in a small bowl and set aside.
- Without separating into individual rolls, slice the top half of the bread off the bottom and place the bottom portion of the rolls in the prepared baking dish. Layer the bread with the sliced Provolone, roast beef, and diced pepperoncini and then top with the other half of the rolls. Liberally brush the melted butter mixture over the tops of the rolls and sprinkle evenly with poppy seeds.
- Bake, uncovered, for 12 to 15 minutes, or until the cheese has melted and the tops of the rolls are lightly toasted. Use a knife to slice the sliders and serve.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated using generic ingredients, and is an estimate not a guarantee. For more accurate results, please refer to the labels on your ingredients at home.
Questions and Reviews
This sounds great! I will be making these this afternoon for our Grey Cup game. I va hardly wait to sink my teeth into this mouthwatering recipe!!
Do you just use the spice Italian seasoning ?
Yes! I have McCormick Italian Seasoning.
These are so good! My family used to always make ham and cheese sliders like this but have made these every time since finding the recipe. Love the pepperoncinis! Thanks for sharing.
I made 50 of these for a Luau party and they were the first to go. I am making them again for our employees here at B & C Auto Restoration & Paint !!
the finely chopped Pepperoncinis were the best flavor to add
I’m so glad the recipe worked out well for you, Tricia!
These were a big hit at my Super Bowl party. Will definitely make again. Thanks
Can you make ahead the night before or will they get soggy?
I’m wondering the same thing!
These were fantastic! Such an easy recipe to put together. The flavours were amazing. I did as a part of a tapas menu for a birthday dinner and everyone loved them! Will be something I make all the time now. Thank you ?
Looks very tasty. I will have to try this at some point.
I tried mine with banana peppers, sliced onions topped with another layer of provolone cheese.
This sounds very delicious. Such beautiful photos- and I can’t wait to try the recipe.