Turkey Bacon Ranch Sliders are so easy to make and ready in about 30 minutes! These savory turkey sliders are loaded with thick-sliced bacon and a blue cheese-Ranch sauce.
I knew immediately the first time I made these easy deli turkey sliders that I was on to something. Boy, was I right. It’s hard to go wrong with this short but flavor-packed list of ingredients.
Turkey Bacon Ranch Sliders are perfect an easy lunch or dinner or really, anytime of day or night.
When my guys were in high school, I used to make batches of recipes like this one and my Freezer Friendly Beef and Bean Burritos to have on hand during the summer months. I’d have a quiet house and the next minute there would be bunch of hungry teenagers looking for food. These roving bands of teenage boys could appear at anytime.
And, here’s something you may or may not know about teenage boys. They are always hungry. It really has very little to do with when they last ate, a fact that has never ceased to amaze me. When they headed towards the pantry late in the day I’d say “Don’t eat now, it will ruin your appetite for dinner!”. They’d just laugh, knowingly, as if I was off my rocker.
There appears to be no such thing as ruining a teenage boy’s appetite.
Table of contents
- Ranch salad dressing – Your favorite bottled Ranch dressing. Easy! Or mix up your own with a packet of Ranch seasoning.
- Blue cheese – Crumbled blue cheese is a great flavor complement to Ranch and bacon! I like to use milder gorgonzola cheese for these sliders.
- Slider buns – Instead of the small Hawaiian rolls that you have to slice through the middle, I like to use slider buns that come pre-sliced and are just a tad bigger. It’s easier and they make slightly more substantial sliders.
- Deli turkey meat – Thin sliced turkey from the deli counter. You could also use leftover turkey from a holiday meal, sliced as thinly as possible.
- Bacon – Thick-sliced bacon makes a big impact. See below for instructions on how to cook bacon in the oven.
- Topping – Melted butter and either poppy seeds or sesame seeds add a little interest to the tops of the buns.
Cooking Bacon in the Oven
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F and line a rimmed baking sheet with heavy duty foil. You can use parchment paper, if you prefer, or even leave the baking sheet bare.
- Place the bacon in an even layer and transfer the baking sheet to the oven. Bake for about 15 minutes or until nicely crisped. Thick-sliced bacon may take a minute or two longer.
- Remove the pan from the oven and transfer the bacon to paper towels to drain. It works like a dream and the clean up is a breeze. Just throw out the greasy foil or parchment paper, give the pan a quick rinse and you’re done!
How to Make Turkey Bacon Ranch Sliders
Before assembling the sliders, add the Ranch dressing and blue cheese crumbles to a small bowl and stir to combine.
- Place the bottom halves of the slider buns in a large baking dish and top them with the turkey.
- Tear the pieces of bacon in half and place them over the turkey, crosswise (1 slice per sandwich).
- Top each slider with a dollop of the blue cheese Ranch sauce.
Reserve any remaining blue cheese Ranch Sauce to serve with the sliders for dipping!
- Cover the sliders with the tops of the buns and brush them with a little melted butter.
- Sprinkle poppy or sesame seeds over the top. Cover the baking dish with foil and bake for 10 minutes. Remove the foil and continue to bake for an additional 5 minutes, or until lightly toasted.
Turkey Bacon Ranch Sliders are great reheated in the microwave for an easy lunch or afternoon snack.
- Refrigerate: Just cover them with plastic wrap or aluminum foil or transfer them to a zippered plastic storage bag. They will keep well, refrigerated, for 2 to 3 days.
- Reheating leftovers: Reheat the sliders for about 30 seconds, or just until warmed through. You can reheat an entire batch, covered, in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 10 minutes.
More Slider Recipes You’ll Love
- Ham and Cheese Sliders
- Italian Roast Beef Sliders
- Sloppy Joe Sliders
- Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Sliders
Turkey Bacon Ranch Sliders
- 1 cup Ranch salad dressing
- ½ cup crumbled blue cheese, I like gorgonzola
- 12 slider buns
- ¾ pound thin-sliced deli turkey
- 12 pieces thick-sliced bacon, cooked
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds or sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Make the Blue Cheese Ranch Sauce
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the Ranch dressing with the blue cheese or gorgonzola crumbles.
Assemble the Sliders
- Place the bottom halves of the slider buns in a large baking dish. Divide the turkey evenly between the rolls. Tear the pieces of bacon in half and place over the turkey, crosswise (1 slice per sandwich). Top with a dollop of the blue cheese Ranch sauce. Cover the sliders with the top halves of the buns.
- Use a pastry brush to coat the tops of the rolls with melted butter then sprinkle with poppy or sesame seeds.
Bake and Serve
- Cover the baking dish with foil and bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes. Remove the foil and continue to bake for an additional 5 minutes, or until lightly toasted. Remove from the oven and serve with remaining Ranch/Gorgonzola mixture on side for dipping.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated using generic ingredients, and is an estimate not a guarantee. For more accurate results, please refer to the labels on your ingredients at home.
This post was originally published on July 7, 2012. It has been updated with new text and images.