These Lemon Garlic Roasted Potatoes are crisp, buttery and infused with the flavors of lemon and garlic. They are an easy, fuss-free side dish for a wide variety of main dishes.
The combination of ingredients and cooking method create crispy on the outside, creamy on the inside potatoes with irresistible flavor. They are one of my favorite, super simple sides to serve with almost anything.
Table of contents
Easy Lemon Garlic Roasted Potatoes
This easy recipe is foolproof and incredibly tasty. The lemony flavor profile is similar to my Greek Potatoes but this no-fuss recipe calls for just 5 ingredients and is easy as can be to make.
Super quick prep and no peeling required!
- Baby potatoes – A couple of pounds of baby red or gold potatoes – or a combination of both!
- Butter and olive oil – Butter adds great flavor and olive oil helps crisp the potatoes.
- Minced garlic
- Lemon – The juice from one lemon. I love using Meyer lemons when they are available.
How to Make Lemon Garlic Roasted Potatoes
- Cut the potatoes in half or quarter them as needed so they are equal sized.
- Place the potatoes in a large mixing bowl and toss with the melted butter and olive oil.
- Add the minced garlic, lemon juice, and season to taste with salt.
- Pour the potatoes out over a baking sheet that you’ve coated with nonstick cooking spray. Then, roast in a preheated 375 degree F oven for 40 minutes, tossing with a spatula every 15 minutes or so.
Tips for the Best Roasted Potatoes
- Potato variety – Use baby red or Yukon gold potatoes which are naturally creamy and sweet. You won’t get the same buttery, tender result with russet potatoes.
- Herbs -Add a couple of pinches of your favorite dried herbs like rosemary, thyme, or dill before roasting. Dried herbs hold up better to high heat and will fare better than fresh.
- Oven temperature – When using fresh garlic, don’t raise the oven temperature above 375 degrees F or it can burn. Stirring the potatoes every 10 to 15 minutes will also help.
- Garnish – After roasting, toss the potatoes with some fresh parsley to brighten them up.
Lemon and Garlic Roasted Potatoes
- 2 pounds baby red or gold potatoes, halved or quartered (equal size)
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (approximately 2 teaspoons)
- 1 lemon, juiced
- salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Generously coat a large rimmed baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Rinse the potatoes and drain them well. Cut in half or quarter if large, and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Drizzle the melted butter and olive oil over the potatoes and toss to coat. Sprinkle the potatoes with minced garlic and the juice from one lemon. Season to taste with salt and toss again. Transfer the potatoes to the prepared baking sheet.
- Roast in the oven, tossing with a spatula every 15 minutes or so. Cook for about 40 minutes or until fork tender and golden brown.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated using generic ingredients, and is an estimate not a guarantee. For more accurate results, please refer to the labels on your ingredients at home.
This post was originally published on August 11, 2012. It has been updated with new images and text.