These easy lemon roasted Greek Potatoes are crispy on the outside and creamy on the inside! A delicious side dish choice for a wide variety of meals.
We love our potatoes here so I include a potato side dish in my menu planning at least once a week. These Greek Potatoes are joining my Oven Baked Fries as a dependably delicious and easy choice.
The simple method of slow roasting baby gold potatoes in a lemon-herb infused broth and oil mixture will forever have a place in my potato dish rotation. The result is crispy, creamy and so flavorful.
The method creates perfectly crispy, roasted potatoes with a buttery interior.
Greek Potatoes are an excellent choice to serve with a wide variety of main dishes from steak, to chicken, to pork, to seafood.
- baby gold potatoes (look for a 3 pound bag in the produce section of your grocery store)
- the juice and zest from 1 lemon
- low-sodium chicken broth (or vegetable broth for vegetarian)
- olive oil
- dried oregano, kosher or sea salt, garlic powder, and freshly ground black pepper
Read more about How to Buy and Store Potatoes like a Pro.
How to Make Greek Potatoes
This is a wonderfully easy and mostly hands off potato side dish.
- Add olive oil and fresh lemon juice to some low-sodium chicken broth.
- Add the zest of 1 lemon and the dry seasoning – oregano, kosher or sea salt, garlic powder, and freshly ground black pepper.
- Halve or quarter 3 pounds of baby gold potatoes so that they are about 1 1/2 – to 2-inches big and spread them out on a rimmed baking sheet. There is no need to peel these thin-skinned potatoes.
- Whisk together and pour the broth and oil mixture over the potatoes. Toss them until they are all well coated with the mixture.
- Roast the potatoes in a 400 degree F oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and toss the potatoes, spreading them back out in an even layer.
- Return the baking sheet to the oven to roast for an additional 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden brown and fork tender.
- Garnish the roasted Greek Potatoes with some fresh parsley to add bright herb flavor.
- 3 pounds baby gold potatoes, halved or quartered as needed to be 1½- to 2-inches (I like Honey Gold Bite-Sized Potatoes)
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ½ cup low-sodium chicken broth, or vegetable broth for vegetarian
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place the potatoes in a single layer on a large rimmed baking sheet. Combine the chicken broth, olive oil, lemon juice and zest, oregano, salt, garlic powder, and pepper in a small bowl. Pour the mixture over the potatoes and toss to coat the potatoes. Transfer the baking sheet to the oven and roast for 20 minutes and then toss the potatoes, spread them back out in an even layer, and continue to cook for an additional 25 to 30 minutes, or until fork tender and golden brown.
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley and serve.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated using generic ingredients, and is an estimate not a guarantee. For more accurate results, please refer to the labels on your ingredients at home.