Everything you love about pizza in the form of a fun pasta salad. This Pizza Pasta Salad is sure to be a hit at your next gathering!
I’m not sure what has gotten into me but I’ve been all about salads for the last month. Both in life and on the blog. I’ve been craving and eating salads daily. Mostly of the green, leafy variety like my Easy Chicken Cobb Salad and Greek Salad, but you can’t beat a good pasta salad and this one is a winner! It’s full of all things pizza – pepperoni, mozzarella, olives, tomatoes, bell pepper, and Parmesan cheese.
This Pizza Pasta Salad appeals to both kids and adults alike and is a great one to add to your list of potluck, BBQ, and picnic fare.
Pizza Pasta Salad Ingredients
I like spiral pasta in this salad and especially a colorful one like Wacky Mac. It is so vibrant and really makes it a stand out dish. You can substitute another brand of tri-color spiral pasta, fussili, rotini, penne, or bowtie pasta if you’d like.
You’ll also need some sliced pepperoni and some good quality mozzarella cheese.
Pitted medium black olives are the perfect size for salad. When I was a little girl and a bowl of black olives were in my vicinity, I’d put on the end of each finger and run around with “olive claws” and then I’d eat each and every one of them. You did this too, right?
The Best Dressing for Pizza Pasta Salad
Either bottled or Homemade Italian Dressing works perfectly but this salad is delicious with a variety of dressings. Try it with Caesar, balsamic vinaigrette, or even a creamy Ranch dressing.
How to Make Pizza Pasta Salad
- Combine the cooked pasta with pepperoni, cubes of mozzarella, chopped green bell pepper, black olives, cherry tomatoes, and some Parmesan cheese.
- Toss the pasta salad with your favorite salad dressing.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 to 2 hours before serving.
Pizza Pasta Salad can be assembled up to 8 hours in advance. Just cover and refrigerate it until you are ready to serve. For the best quality, I recommend serving it the same day it is made.
Store leftovers in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 4 days. For a picnic or take to work lunch, portion it into mason jars for Pizza Pasta Salad to go!
More Easy Salad Recipes
- Chicken Avocado Pasta Salad
- Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad
- Simple Italian Salad
- Orzo Salad with Roasted Red Peppers, Spinach, and Feta
- Italian Tortellini Salad
Pizza Pasta Salad
- 12 ounces tri-color spiral pasta, (like Wacky Mac) or another short dry pasta
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, cut into ½-inch cubes
- 1 cup sliced pepperoni
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 ounces pitted black olives, (half of a 6 ounce can)
- 10 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved
- ⅓ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- ¾ cup Italian salad dressing (or any other flavor!), or as needed
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water until cooked pasta is completely cooled. Allow to drain well while preparing other ingredients.
- Transfer cooled pasta to a serving dish. Add mozzarella, pepperoni, bell pepper, and olives and toss to combine. Add dressing to your liking and toss again to distribute throughout.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least one to two hours or for up to 8 hours before serving.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated using generic ingredients, and is an estimate not a guarantee. For more accurate results, please refer to the labels on your ingredients at home.