These Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins are a cozy, comforting fall treat. Delicious with scrambled eggs and bacon in the morning or with a cup of tea in the afternoon.
It is officially pumpkin season, friends, and today I’ve got my first pumpkin recipe for you as we quickly roll towards the fall holidays.
I’ve got a fresh batch of these delicious muffins on my kitchen counter and just as soon as I finish writing this post I’ll be heading into my garage to lug about 10 boxes of Halloween decorations into the house. Today is decorating day and in a few hours, it will be feeling pretty spooky ’round these parts. I love, love, LOVE Halloween.
This time of year also sends a strange signal to my brain that I must purchase about a dozen cans of pumpkin puree and start churning out the pumpkin recipes.
These tasty muffins are a fabulously easy way to kick off pumpkin season. They’re sweet, but not overly so, and the pumpkin/chocolate combination is divine. Pumpkin puree makes them so moist and tender and pumpkin pie spice drives home the cozy, fall flavor in the most perfect way.
The stars of this show – canned pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, and semi-sweet chocolate chips. The remaining ingredients are all pantry staples. See the printable recipe below for the full list of ingredients and instructions.
First, combine the wet ingredients and dry ingredients separately. Add the dry to the wet, by the spoonful, alternating with the pumpkin puree, until the whole shebang is combined.
Semi-sweet chocolate chips are the last addition.
Here’s a little food styling tip for you. If you want them picture perfect, dot the top of the muffins with a few extra chocolate chips before baking. Food bloggers do this frequently with muffins and cookies that include chocolate chips.
Not necessary, but pretty!
Gorgeous, rustic, fall-inspired muffins.
Slice one open while it’s still a little warm and slather it with butter.
A warm, fragrant Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffin topped with creamy butter. This is not a bad thing.
For lots of delicious recipes, giveaways, and more, be sure to follow From Valerie’s Kitchen
Click HERE to sign up for your FREE email subscription and never miss a recipe!
The Best Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Coat a 12 cup muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray or line with paper cupcake liners.
- In large bowl beat eggs with an electric hand mixer. Add 1 cup white sugar and beat for a minute or two until completely combined. Pour in the oil, with beaters running, and then add vanilla. In a separate bowl, stir together flour, pumpkin pie spice, salt and baking soda.
- Using a wooden spoon, mix flour mixture into wet mixture, a little at a time, alternating with the pumpkin puree.
- Add the chocolate chips and mix with the wooden spoon just until combined. Divide the batter between the prepared muffin cups.
- Bake in preheated oven for 18 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from oven and allow muffins to cool for about 10 or 15 minutes and then carefully remove from tin to cool completely. Store leftovers in an airtight container.