These incredibly flavorful little flatbread pizzas are ready, from start to finish, in 20 minutes. Put them out as an appetizer or add a salad and a glass of wine and call it dinner!
One of the things I like best about shopping at Costco is that I’m constantly inspired by new items they carry. On my last visit, I came across packaged naan bread that looked so good I couldn’t pass it up and then as I continued shopping, I had visions of a multitude of flatbread pizzas floating through my head. I had flatbread pizza on the brain, literally.
It’s hard to concentrate on the task at hand when you have visions like this in your head.
I also happened to have a bottle of Frank’s Red Hot Wings Buffalo Sauce in my pantry that had been calling my name for weeks. And, so this Buffalo Chicken Flatbread Pizza was born. The pizza sauce consists of a combination of Frank’s and your favorite BBQ sauce – Kinder’s is my be-all and end-all favorite. You can choose your BBQ sauce but you can’t substitute for the Frank’s. Let’s just admit it…there’s only one Frank’s.
These two items combine to make a pretty spectacular and pretty spectacularly easy pizza sauce and I love, love, love this combination. You get that buffalo wings flavor but it’s smoothed out a bit by the BBQ sauce. It’s good, people. It’ll make your taste buds tingle.
You’ll want to use a a nice quality mozzarella, like this one from Organic Valley. It is a firmer, shreddable cheese but thinly sliced fresh mozz would be really good as well.
To make it fast and easy, I’m using store bought rotisserie chicken. Chop it up and toss it with a little bit of Frank’s Red Hot Buffalo Wings Sauce.
To assemble the pizzas, divide the sauce mixture between your flatbreads.
Top with the Frank’s coated chicken.
Sprinkle on the mozzarella cheese and to really give it that buffalo wings flavor, I added a little blue cheese. Time for the oven.
Bake in a preheated 425 degree oven for about 8 to 10 minutes, just till the edges of the flatbread are toasty brown and the cheese has melted. Remove the pan from the oven and sprinkle the pizzas with some chopped green onion.
Transfer the flatbread pizzas to a cutting board, slice them up and you are ready to serve. I love the idea of serving this an appetizer, but paired with a nice salad, it makes for a really easy weeknight dinner.
If you’re having a Halloween gathering this weekend, I guarantee these pizzas will be a huge hit. Try it!
Buffalo Chicken Flatbread Pizza
- 4 store bought naan or flatbread
- 1/2 cup prepared BBQ sauce your favorite brand
- 3/4 cup Frank's Red Hot Buffalo Wings Sauce
- 1-/2 cups cooked diced chicken (I used rotisserie chicken)
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup crumbled gorgonzola or blue cheese
- 3 green onions finely chopped
- Heat oven to 425 degrees. Place flatbreads on baking sheets.
- Combine BBQ sauce with 1/2 cup Buffalo Wings Sauce. Divide mixture between the flatbread. In a small bowl toss chicken with remaining 1/4 cup Buffalo Wings Sauce. Arrange on top of pizzas and top with cheeses.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, till edges of bread are toasted and nicely browned and cheese is melted. Remove from oven and top with chopped green onion.
- Transfer to a cutting board, cut into wedges, and serve.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated using generic ingredients, and is an estimate not a guarantee. For more accurate results, please refer to the labels on your ingredients at home.