This Easy Blueberry Cheesecake Dessert with a light and creamy no-bake cheesecake layer is a fabulous make-ahead dessert choice for any time of year!
Click HERE to sign up for your FREE email subscription so you never miss a recipe!
Things I love about this recipe:
- It includes ingredients you can easily keep on hand.
- It can (and should) be made ahead which is so necessary when you are having a big gathering.
- It makes a generous amount.
- The light and creamy no-bake cheesecake layer is a snap to make.
- And, most importantly, it is tasty as all get-out!
Everyone needs a few semi-homemade recipes at their beck and call and this is one of mine. A simple graham cracker crust is baked, topped with a really simple no-bake cheesecake layer, and then the whole shebang is finished off with blueberry pie filling and chilled until you are ready to serve.
It starts with a basic graham cracker crust – graham crackers, sugar, and butter. I like to use my food processor from start to finish. Start by pulsing the graham crackers until they are finely ground and then add the sugar and melted butter (all the precise measurements are included on the recipe below).
Process until it is nicely combined. Easy.
Transfer the crumb mixture to a 13″ x 9″ baking dish and pat it firmly down into the pan to form a crust. Bake the crust at 350 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes, until fragrant and nicely golden brown. Allow the crust to cool completely while we get to work on the cheesecake layer.
You will need two packages of cream cheese – I used Neufchatel cream cheese, the less fat variety – a container of frozen whipped topping (aka Cool Whip) and a can of blueberry pie filling. You’ll also need to grab the powdered sugar and vanilla extract from the pantry.
Want to use homemade whipped cream? Go right ahead. You will need about 3 cups which is equivalent to an 8-ounce container of Cool Whip.
Beat the softened cream cheese with 1 cup of powdered sugar and two teaspoons of vanilla extract until it’s nice and creamy. Fold in the whipped topping with a spoon or rubber spatula.
Transfer the cheesecake mixture to the cooled crust and carefully spread, or pat it down over the top. You have to use some finesse here so you don’t disturb the graham cracker crust but don’t fret if a little bit of the crust does come up. We are going to top the whole thing with blueberry pie filling and no one will be the wiser.
Spoon the blueberry pie filling over the top and use a knife or offset spatula to lightly spread it out. Cover the dish with plastic wrap and pop it in the fridge to chill for several hours or even better, overnight.
It will slice and serve beautifully.
I love the look of it, the taste of it, all of it! Always a crowd-pleaser.
EASY BLUEBERRY CHEESECAKE DESSERT
More delicious cheesecake dessert ideas:
Snickers Cheesecake Bars – Sally’s Baking Addiction
Strawberry Cheesecake Cookie Bars – Valerie’s Kitchen (yours truly)
No-Bake Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars – The Cookie Rookie
Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars – The Girl Who Ate Everything
Coconut Cheesecake No Bake Dessert – Crazy For Crust
Oreo Cheesecake Bars – High Heels and Grills
For lots of delicious recipes, giveaways, and more, be sure to follow Valerie’s Kitchen
Easy Blueberry Cheesecake Dessert
For the graham cracker crust:
- 18 full sheets 2 sleeves of graham crackers, finely ground (approximately 3 cups)
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1/3 cup sugar
For the cheesecake:
- 2 8 ounce packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 8 ounce container frozen whipped topping (Cool Whip), thawed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 21 ounce can blueberry pie filling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Crust:Combine graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, and sugar in a food processor or a mixing bowl until well combined. Transfer to a 13" x 9" baking dish and press down firmly to form crust. Bake until edges are golden brown, 10 to 12 minutes. Set aside to cool completely before filling.
- Cheesecake:Use an electric mixer to beat together the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla. Use a spoon to fold in the whipped topping and mix until well combined. Carefully spread cheesecake mixture over prepared crust.
- Spoon blueberry topping on top of filling, spreading out evenly. Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight. Slice into squares and serve.
Can substitute 3 cups of homemade whipped cream for the frozen whipped topping, if preferred