This Easy Blueberry Cheesecake Dessert with a light and creamy no-bake cheesecake layer is a fabulous make-ahead dessert choice for any time of year!
Everyone needs a few semi-homemade recipes at their beck and call and this blueberry cream cheese dessert is one of my favorites.
A simple graham cracker crust is topped with a simple cheesecake layer and finished with a layer of blueberry pie filling. This sweet, creamy combination always goes over in a big way at parties.
Table of contents
Blueberry Cream Cheese Dessert Highlights
- Simple Ingredients – It calls for a short list of easy to stock ingredients.
- Easy – The light and creamy no-bake cheesecake layer is a snap to make.
- Make-Ahead – It can (and should) be made ahead which is so necessary when you are having a big gathering.
- Feeds a Crowd – It’s baked in 9- x 13-inch baking dish.
- Delicious! – And, most importantly, it is tasty as all get-out!
- Cheesecake Filling – You will need two packages of cream cheese, a container of frozen whipped topping (aka Cool Whip). You’ll also need to grab the powdered sugar and vanilla extract from the pantry. I used one-third less fat Neufchatel, but you can use full-fat cream cheese for an even richer result.
- Blueberry Cheesecake Topping – Canned blueberry pie filling is an awesome kitchen shortcut.
- Graham Cracker Crust – The simple crust consists of graham crackers, butter, and granulated sugar.
- Whipped Cream – Want to use homemade whipped cream? Go right ahead. You will need about 3 cups which is equivalent to an 8-ounce container of Cool Whip.
- Flavors – Create a different flavor with any canned pie filling you love. I think cherry, strawberry, peach and lemon would all be delicious.
How to Soften Cream Cheese
For a smooth cheesecake filling, it’s vital that your cream cheese is softened in advance.
- Countertop – If you have the time, allowing the cream cheese to rest at room temperature is the best choice. To speed up the process, remove the block of cream cheese from the packaging and slice it into cubes. Let it rest on a plate covered with a paper towel or plastic wrap for about 30 minutes. Never allow cream cheese to sit out for over two hours.
- Microwave – Place the unwrapped block of cream cheese on a microwave-safe plate and microwave it on 50% power for 20 seconds. Microwave for additional 5 second intervals, if needed.
How to Make Easy Blueberry Cheesecake Dessert
This is a quick overview of how to make this recipe. You’ll find detailed instructions in the recipe card at the end of this post.
Graham Cracker Crust
- Pulse the graham crackers in your food processor until they are ground into fine crumbs.
- Then, add the sugar and melted butter and process until well combined.
- Transfer the crumb mixture to a 9- x 13-inch baking dish and pat it firmly down into the pan in an even layer. Bake the crust until fragrant and nicely golden brown. Allow the crust to cool completely while we get to work on the cheesecake layer.
No-Bake Cheesecake Layer
- Beat the softened cream cheese with the powdered sugar and vanilla extract until it’s nice and creamy.
- Fold in the whipped topping with a spoon or rubber spatula.
- Transfer the cream cheese mixture to the cooled crust.
- Carefully spread, or pat the cheesecake layer down over the crust. You have to use some finesse here so you don’t disturb the graham cracker crust but don’t fret if a little bit of the crust does come up. We are going to top the whole thing with blueberry pie filling and no one will be the wiser.
- Spoon the blueberry pie filling over the top and use a knife or offset spatula to lightly spread it out. Cover the dish with plastic wrap and pop it in the fridge to chill for several hours or even better, overnight.
Cover leftovers with plastic wrap or transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate. This blueberry cream cheese dessert will be at its best if consumed within 2 to 3 days.
I love the look of it, the taste of it, all of it! Always a crowd-pleaser.
More Cheesecake Dessert Ideas
Snickers Cheesecake Bars – Sally’s Baking Addiction
Strawberry Cheesecake Cookie Bars – Valerie’s Kitchen (yours truly)
Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars – The Girl Who Ate Everything
Coconut Cheesecake No Bake Dessert – Crazy For Crust
Oreo Cheesecake Bars – High Heels and Grills
Easy Blueberry Cheesecake Dessert
For the Graham Cracker Crust
- 18 full sheets (2 sleeves) graham crackers, (approximately 3 cups finely ground)
- ½ cup butter, melted
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
For the Blueberry Cheesecake
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 8 ounces frozen whipped topping (Cool Whip), thawed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 21 ounce can blueberry pie filling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the graham crackers in a bowl of a food processor and pulse until finely ground. Add the melted butter, and sugar and pulse again until well combined. Transfer the crumb mixture to a 9- x 13-inch baking dish and press down firmly to form an even layer. Bake until the edges are golden brown, 10 to 12 minutes. Set aside to cool completely before filling.
- Use an electric mixer to beat together the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla. Use a spoon to fold in the whipped topping and mix until well combined. Carefully spread cheesecake mixture over the cooled crust.
- Spoon the blueberry pie filling over the cheesecake layer, spreading out evenly.
Refrigerate and Serve
- Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight. Then, slice into squares and serve.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated using generic ingredients, and is an estimate not a guarantee. For more accurate results, please refer to the labels on your ingredients at home.