This Layered Veggie Hummus Dip is a delicious healthy appetizer choice. A bright, colorful addition to any party menu.
When I’m planning a party menu there is never a shortage of warm, cheesy dips, and I’ve been known to throw in some chicken wings, sliders, and other savory goodies, but I always try to balance my menu with something light, fresh and crunchy.
It’s good to remember that not everyone at your gathering might be feeling like it’s a cheat day so having a no-guilt, wholesome option is always important. This Layered Veggie Hummus Dip is just the ticket!
It also happens to take less than 10 minutes to throw together and looks pretty darn gorgeous on your table.
It starts with a couple of cartons of store-bought hummus. If you make your own hummus from scratch, by all means use it! But, this is meant to be a no-fuss, easy-peasy idea. If you’re anything like me, I’m betting you need a few of those ideas up your sleeve.
I served this with fresh from the oven homemade Parmesan Garlic Pita Chips. Seriously 1000 times better than the bagged pita chips you buy at the store.
Layered Veggie Hummus Dip
- 2 (10 ounce) containers hummus
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup finely chopped red onion
- ½ cup chopped pitted Kalamata olives
- ½ cup chopped cherry or grape tomatoes
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1 recipe Parmesan Garlic Pita Chips, optional
- Spread hummus into a shallow 10- to 11-inch round dish. Drizzle the hummus with olive oil and then layer with onion, olives, tomatoes, cucumber, cheese, and parsley. Refrigerate until serving.
- Serve with homemade Parmesan Garlic Pita Chips, store-bought pita chips, or tortilla chips.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated using generic ingredients, and is an estimate not a guarantee. For more accurate results, please refer to the labels on your ingredients at home.
Adapted from Taste of Home
Questions and Reviews
I halved this for just the two of us and we really enjoyed it. It was supposed to be an appetizer but it was so good that it became our dinner. I was just wondering, I saw no measurement in the recipe for cucumber. I just chopped up the same amount of vegis as the other vegis in the recipe. Hope I guessed right. YUM!
Hey, Julie! I always just eyeball it and there’s really no right way to do this. It’s one of those “little bit of this, little bit of that” recipes. I’m really glad you guys enjoyed it. 🙂