The cat is out of the bag. I’m madly in love with Champagne mangoes. Those bright yellow beauties are intensely flavorful, unbelievably sweet, and one of the very best things about summer.
Combined with some chopped English cucumber, red onion, garlic, cilantro, and lime juice, they make a totally irresistible fresh fruit salsa.
It takes about 10 minutes to put together and you can serve it right away or pop it in the fridge to chill for awhile.
I swear I could eat this stuff with a spoon but I was ladylike and scooped it up with tortilla chips instead.
It is totally fabulous on grilled fish or chicken tacos.
We piled it on top of grilled chicken and it was perfection.
So fresh, bright, light, and summery. Try it!
Mango Cucumber Salsa
- 2 mangoes, preferably Champagne mangoes, peeled and diced
- 1 cup peeled and diced English, hothouse cucumber
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded as desired and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1 heaping teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 lime, juiced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients and serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated using generic ingredients, and is an estimate not a guarantee. For more accurate results, please refer to the labels on your ingredients at home.