A colorful pasta salad loaded with marinated fresh mozzarella, olives, grape tomatoes, and goat cheese all tossed in a flavor-packed sun-dried tomato dressing. This is one delicious side dish!
It’s funny how the weather has a direct connection to my belly. I’ve been so affected by the summer-like temps around these parts that I’ve been whipping all kinds of warm weather fare, including this amazingly easy and amazingly delicious pasta salad.
The hardest part of putting this salad together is waiting for the pasta to boil. Once that’s done, it literally takes just minutes to toss together. The secret is in the dressing.
I discovered that these jars of Mezzetta Everything Spread® just so happen to make an incredibly delicious dressing for pasta salad. They also just so happen to contain the precise amount needed to dress a 1 pound box of cooked pasta. No mixing, no measuring…just spoon the contents of one of these jars over cooked and cooled pasta and you’ve got the basis for a fabulously tasty pasta salad.
Visit Mezzetta online to view all of the varieties available and to be inspired by some pretty awesome ideas for putting them to use. They can liven up mashed potatoes, make a killer garlic bread, add big flavor to soups, and take your roasted veggies to a flavorful, new place. And, of course, they will make your next sandwich far more interesting than mayo and mustard ever did.
I went with the Sun-Dried Tomato & Basil variety for this recipe.
The ingredients are nearly identical to what I’d include if making a sun-dried tomato dressing from scratch – olive oil, sun-ripened dried tomatoes, Parmesan cheese, fresh basil, sea salt, and pepper. It’s thick, rich, and so tasty.
To complement the sun-dried tomato flavor I added some marinated fresh mozzarella balls, black olives, and grape tomatoes. You could add or substitute any ingredients that suit your fancy. Artichoke hearts, mushrooms, bell peppers – all great choices.
And, because a little more cheese is always a good thing, I added some fresh crumbled goat cheese. I’m telling you, goat cheese and sun-dried tomatoes are a match made in heaven! Garnish the salad with some fresh basil and you’re good to go. How gorgeous is this?
Everything Spread Gift Basket Giveaway! – GIVEAWAY CLOSED The folks at Mezzetta have put together a gift basket of goodies to give you the opportunity to try these new products for yourself and it’s super easy to enter. First, click the link below to view all of the delicious varieties of the new Everything Spread. Then, return here and leave me a comment to let me know which of the 4 varieties you want to try first. That’s it! Click Here —> Mezzetta Everything Spread Online Contest is open to U.S. residents, 18 years of age and older. The giveaway will end at 12:00 am PST on April 9, 2015, at which time a winner will chosen at random and notified by email. Winner must respond within 48 hours or another winner will be chosen.
For another chance to win, click HERE to enter to win a second gift basket directly from Mezzetta.
Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta Salad
- 1 pound dry corkscrew pasta rotini or fusilli
- 1 6.5 ounce jar Mezzetta Sun-Dried Tomato & Basil Everything Spread
- 1 12 ounce container marinated fresh mozzarella balls, drained well
- 1 heaping cup red grape tomatoes halved
- 1 6 ounce can medium black pitted olives, drained
- 1 4 ounce container crumbled goat cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and then rinse with cold water until cool. Drain well and transfer to a large mixing bowl. Toss cooled pasta with the Mezzetta Sun-Dried Tomato & Basil Everything Spread, mixing until completely incorporated.
- Add remaining ingredients through goat cheese; reserving half of the goat cheese for garnish. Toss together and then garnish with remaining goat cheese crumbles and chopped basil.