This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This Creamy Broccoli Cheese Stuffed Chicken is baked until crispy and topped with a creamy, lemony, herbed sauce. A super family-friendly meal!
This post is sponsored by Campbell’s and BlogHer but all opinions expressed are solely my own.
One of the greatest challenges of cooking for a family is to find meals that please a wide variety of ages and tastes. This seemingly fancy, but surprisingly simple broccoli cheese stuffed chicken isn’t just kid-friendly, it’s family friendly.
With the help of Campbell’s Cream of Chicken with Herbs you can whip up a creamy, lemony, herbed sauce that makes this dish irresistible even to the pickiest eaters.I have a long standing relationship with Campbell’s. Is there anything more comforting than a grilled cheese sandwich with a bowl of Cream of Tomato Soup? And, it’s gotta be Campbell’s. To this day, this is my go-to meal when I’m under the weather. It’s just like Mom made, and it’s that wonderful, familiar, comfort that my kids have come to love as well.
Picky eaters have finally met their match! With the help of The Wisest Kid in the Whole World™, Campbell’s is offering lots of delicious recipes your kids won’t be able to resist. Go check them out for some other fun, quick meal ideas your kids will love. Now, let’s get to work on this yummy chicken dish.
Finely chop about 1/2 cup of broccoli, add a little water, cover and microwave for 1 minute. Drain the water from the dish and allow it to cool a bit. Meanwhile, shred up about 1 cup of Swiss cheese. Feel free to use the bagged, shredded variety to make this even quicker and easier.
Here’s the trick to cutting down those big fat pieces of chicken so they will cook quicker after they are stuffed and rolled. Slice right through the middle, continuing the cut until you have two pieces.
Add 3/4 cup ricotta cheese, the shredded Swiss cheese, and some salt and pepper to the cooked broccoli. And, we have our filling.
Grab a couple of shallow dishes; pie plates work perfectly. Crack 3 eggs into one. In the other go the Italian style panko bread crumbs.
Place about 2 tablespoons of the filling on a piece of chicken.
And, roll ‘er up.
Place the chicken roll into the lightly beaten egg and carefully turn it to coat all sides.
Then it takes a dip in the panko. Use your hands to toss the crumbs over and coat all sides.
Transfer the stuffed, breaded chicken to a large baking dish that has been coated with non-stick cooking spray.
Pop the dish into a preheated 400 degree oven and bake for 35 to 40 minutes until the chicken is thoroughly cooked.
Meanwhile, let’s make the incredibly easy sauce. You’ll need one can of Campbell’s Cream of Chicken with Herbs.
Then it’s just a matter of adding 1/2 cup milk, the juice from half a lemon, and some salt and pepper, to taste. Simmer this mixture over low heat until warmed through.
Pour about half of the sauce over the baked chicken and serve the rest alongside. Kids love to dip! It’s also great over mashed or roasted potatoes. Yum.
For some great cooking inspiration and lots of other fresh ways to please the whole family at dinnertime, visit Campbell’s Kitchen.
Creamy Broccoli Cheese Stuffed Chicken
For the Chicken:
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup finely chopped broccoli
- 3/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 3 eggs , lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups Italian style panko bread crumbs
For the Sauce:
- 10.75 ounce Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Chicken with Herbs Soup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Coat a large baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Place chopped broccoli in a small microwavable dish and add 1/4 cup water. Cover dish with a paper towel and cook on high power for 1 minute. Carefully drain the water from the dish and set aside.
- Slice each chicken breast through the middle, continuing the cut all the way through to create two thinner pieces. Place chicken between two sheets of wax paper and lightly pound with a mallet, if necessary, to ensure all pieces are large enough to hold filling and of uniform thickness.
- Combine cooked broccoli, ricotta cheese, Swiss cheese, and the salt and pepper. Set aside. Pour Italian style panko bread crumbs into a shallow dish. Place the eggs in a separate shallow bowl and beat lightly.
- To assemble chicken rolls, place about 2 tablespoons of the broccoli cheese filling on the end of a piece of chicken and roll it up. Set it in the dish of beaten egg and carefully turn to coat. Allow excess egg to drip off then place the chicken roll in the bread crumbs. Toss the bread crumbs over the chicken roll till well coated. Transfer breaded chicken roll to prepared pan; seam side down. Assemble the remaining chicken rolls.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or till chicken is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan over low heat, combine the Campbell's Cream of Chicken with Herbs, 1/2 cup milk, the juice of half a lemon. Stir to combine and cook until warmed through. Season with salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste.
- Spoon about half the warmed sauce over the cooked chicken in the baking dish, reserving remaining sauce to serve alongside the chicken.