This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Creamy Broccoli Cheese Stuffed Chicken
For the Chicken:
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup finely chopped broccoli
- 3/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 3 eggs lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups Italian style panko bread crumbs
For the Sauce:
- 1 10.75 ounce can Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Chicken with Herbs Soup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Coat a large baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Place chopped broccoli in a small microwavable dish and add 1/4 cup water. Cover dish with a paper towel and cook on high power for 1 minute. Carefully drain the water from the dish and set aside.
- Slice each chicken breast through the middle, continuing the cut all the way through to create two thinner pieces. Place chicken between two sheets of wax paper and lightly pound with a mallet, if necessary, to ensure all pieces are large enough to hold filling and of uniform thickness.
- Combine cooked broccoli, ricotta cheese, Swiss cheese, and the salt and pepper. Set aside. Pour Italian style panko bread crumbs into a shallow dish. Place the eggs in a separate shallow bowl and beat lightly.
- To assemble chicken rolls, place about 2 tablespoons of the broccoli cheese filling on the end of a piece of chicken and roll it up. Set it in the dish of beaten egg and carefully turn to coat. Allow excess egg to drip off then place the chicken roll in the bread crumbs. Toss the bread crumbs over the chicken roll till well coated. Transfer breaded chicken roll to prepared pan; seam side down. Assemble the remaining chicken rolls.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or till chicken is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan over low heat, combine the Campbell's Cream of Chicken with Herbs, 1/2 cup milk, the juice of half a lemon. Stir to combine and cook until warmed through. Season with salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste.
- Spoon about half the warmed sauce over the cooked chicken in the baking dish, reserving remaining sauce to serve alongside the chicken.
This post is sponsored by Campbell’s and BlogHer but all opinions expressed are solely my own. Read my full disclosure policy here.