This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Deliciously light and sweet, this summery Strawberry Banana Bread has a cake-like texture and is studded with fresh summer strawberries.
I’ve baked so many banana breads over time but friends, wow, this may just be my favorite.
My goal this time around was to create a banana bread that would showcase a summery, strawberry flavor. To accomplish this I held back and went a bit lighter on the banana just to be sure the strawberries would shine. I’m happy to say, they shine brightly.
How to Make the Best Strawberry Banana Bread
The banana bread base is simple and contains the usual suspects (see the recipe card below) but to ensure a rich, cake-like bread I added a little sour cream. The wet and dry ingredients are mixed together in separate bowls and then mixed together with a spoon, just until combined.
To be certain the strawberry flavor would be prominent, I added just one ripe banana. It adds just the right amount of banana flavor without being overwhelming.
I chopped some fresh, ripe strawberries into small pieces and folded them into the batter.
Look for bright red, ripe strawberries for the best result. Weak strawberries will result in weak strawberry flavor.
When baking with bananas, be sure they are way too ripe to eat and have a spotted brown peel.
This Strawberry Banana Bread should be baked in a 9- x 5-inch loaf pan that has been coated with non-stick cooking spray.
And, voila! It’s ready for the oven.
Strawberry Banana Bread is delicious all on its own or lightly toasted and slathered with butter ( I highly recommend the latter).
For more delicious quick bread inspiration check out my Lemon Yogurt Poppy Seed Bread, We Be Jammin’ Jamaican Banana Bread, and the completely luscious Carrot Zucchini Bread with Cream Cheese Walnut Frosting.
Strawberry Banana Bread
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 large over-ripe banana
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup sour cream (I used light sour cream)
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup diced fresh strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9-x 5-inch loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium mixing bowl and set aside. In a second large mixing bowl, use an electric mixer to beat together the banana, eggs, sugar, oil, sour cream, and vanilla until smooth.
- Stir the flour mixture into the wet ingredients and mix with a spoon just until moistened. Add the strawberries and stir lightly, just until incorporated throughout the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. If bread is browning too quickly towards the end of the baking time, lay a sheet of foil lightly over the top, if desired.
- Cool the loaf in the pan for 10 minutes before removing it to a wire rack. Cool completely before slicing.