This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
I’ve been on a crazy salad kick lately. For some reason, I just can’t get enough of them. And, the darker and leafier the greens, the better.
That is exactly why this salad came to mind a few days ago. The strawberry spinach salad concept has been around for awhile but we’re beginning to see it pop up in some unexpected places. Even Panera has one on their menu now and low and behold, it has become a favorite of my husband. Our business is less than a mile from Panera so it’s a frequent choice for us at lunch so I am beyond thrilled that they have added so many healthy choices to their menu. Thank you, Panera!
There is something, however, that sets my version apart from the rest. A bold and delicious Honey Balsamic Vinaigrette.
My favorite way to quickly make up a batch of salad dressing is to combine all the ingredients in a small jar or any other small container with a tight-fitting lid and then give it a good shake until the ingredients are combined. You can do this well ahead and keep it in the fridge till you need it.
If you’ve ever had goat or feta cheese paired with honey you’ll know why this dressing is perfection on this salad. In addition to that lovely combo, the balsamic tang adds a great element and accent to the sweetness of the strawberries. Pure love.
The salad is fantastic with either goat or feta cheese so go with your favorite. Sprinkle on some slivered almonds and you are ready to serve.
A pretty, festive choice for the 4th of July and all summer long while strawberries are at their peak.
Strawberry Spinach Salad with Honey Balsamic Vinaigrette
For the Salad:
- 6 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 pint strawberries rinsed, hulled, and sliced
- 3 ounces goat or feta cheese crumbled
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
For the Dressing:
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- Fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Place all dressing ingredients in small jar or bowl with tight fitting lid. Shake until well combined. Alternately, you can whisk the ingredients in a small bowl and transfer to small container with a lid. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Place spinach and sliced strawberries in a large serving bowl. Add as much dressing as desired and toss to combine. Top with cheese and slivered almonds.