Cookie #4 from this year’s Christmas cookie tray. Fun to make and hugely popular here at my house.
This is what makes these cookies so special. Hershey’s Kisses filled with caramel. They melt up inside the dough as the cookies bake and you end up with a luscious caramel surprise inside.
Divide the quarter of the dough that you are working with into 12 pieces.
Unwrap 48 caramel filled Hershey’s Kisses.
Roll each piece of dough into a ball and then flatten slightly. Place a piece of candy in the center.
Mold the dough around the candy and roll into a ball.
Press it into your sugar/nut mixture.
Place them a couple of inches apart on parchment paper lined or greased baking sheets. Bake for 8 minutes at 375 degrees.
He’s breaking into one. Oh yeah, that’s what I’m talking about!
Pretty inside and out.
Only one cookie left! Check back soon for the fifth and final cookie from the tray above. Take a look at the cookies we’ve covered so far:
Caramel Filled Chocolate Cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 48 Hershey's Kisses - milk chocolate filled with caramel
- Beat butter until creamy. Gradually beat in white sugar and brown sugar. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine flour, baking soda, and cocoa. Gradually add to butter mixture, beating well. Cover and chill at least 2 hours or overnight
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine nuts with the 1 tablespoon sugar in a small bowl. Divide the dough into 4 parts. Work with one part at a time, leaving the remainder in the refrigerator until needed. Divide each part into 12 pieces. Quickly press each piece of dough around a piece of candy. Roll into a ball. Coat top of the ball in the sugar mixture. Place 2 inches apart on parchment paper lined or greased baking sheets.
- Bake for 8 minutes in the preheated oven. Let cool for 3 to 4 minutes on the baking sheets before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated using generic ingredients, and is an estimate not a guarantee. For more accurate results, please refer to the labels on your ingredients at home.
Adapted from Allrecipes.com