This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
You might know by now that I’m pretty darned fond of one pan meals. I honestly can’t get enough of them. Easy cleanup is a major deal in a busy household. Another bonus here is that this one involves sausage…and potatoes. Are you with me?
It’s an all-in-one meal that has it all – meat, potatoes, and veggies. It’s colorful. It’s easy. It’s tasty.
It starts with some baby red potatoes that are roasted with olive oil, fresh thyme, fresh rosemary, some seasoning salt, and pepper. By starting the potatoes first, you’ll ensure they will be roasted nicely before adding the remaining ingredients.
After tossing some sliced, smoked sausage, onion, bell pepper, and green beans in some olive oil and additional seasoning, transfer them to the baking sheet with the potatoes and return it to the oven.
At the end of the cooking time, when the veggies are tender, sprinkle some shredded Monterey jack cheese over the top and let it cook for another 5 minutes or till the cheese is completely melted.
It was totally at home next to some baked beans. The garlic bread is just coming out of the oven so get your plate over here!
Feel free to swap out any of the veggies or use a different type of sausage – as long as it’s fully cooked. It’s totally versatile and easy to change up to your liking, so have at it! Make it yours!
- 1 13 ounce package fully cooked smoked sausage
- 1 pound baby red potatoes quartered or halved if very small
- 1 red bell pepper coarsely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper coarsely chopped
- 1/2 pound fresh green beans trimmed and snapped in half
- 1 small yellow or white onion coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary chopped (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme chopped (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Lawry's Seasoning Salt or other all-purpose seasoning mix, divided
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1 cup shredded Monterey jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Coat a large rimmed baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place the quartered potatoes in a large mixing bowl and toss with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Add rosemary, thyme, 1 teaspoon Lawry's Seasoning Salt, and fresh ground pepper to taste. Toss again to distribute the seasonings. Pour out the seasoned potatoes on to the prepared rimmed baking sheet. Roast in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add the remaining vegetables and chopped sausage to the same large mixing bowl. Toss with remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Season with 1/2 teaspoon Lawry's Seasoning Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Remove baking sheet from oven and increase the oven temperature to 400 degrees.
- Pour out the vegetable/sausage mixture over the potatoes. Use a spatula to combine well and return the pan to the oven for an additional 20 minutes, or until all the vegetables are fork tender and potatoes are golden brown.
- Sprinkle the Monterey jack cheese over the top and return to oven for 5 minutes or till melted.