This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Sour cream adds great texture and flavor to this Sour Cream Chocolate Chip Banana Bread.
Quick breads have always been one of my very favorite things to do in the kitchen because they’re typically an easy mix, pour, and bake recipe and involve ingredients I have on hand. This means I can get to baking whenever the desire strikes, or in the case of this recipe, whenever the bananas get a little too ripe.
This bread bakes into a beautiful, golden brown loaf of banana bread that is spiked with chocolate chips and finely chopped walnuts. Sour cream does it’s magic and adds wonderful texture and flavor.
I’ve never been a fan of big chunks of nuts in quick breads but still, I love the flavor. Especially in banana bread. I’ve found that by finely chopping the walnuts you get that great flavor and a subtle contrast in texture that is perfection. You could leave them out altogether if you’re not a fan. Baking from scratch is all about choices!
Delicious on its own, or try slathering a warm piece of this bread with some softened butter. Delicious!
More quick bread recipes I think you’ll love:
Lemon Yogurt Poppy Seed Bread | Valerie’s Kitchen
Blueberry Coconut Banana Bread | Barefeet in the Kitchen
Lemon Blueberry Quick Bread | Barbara Bakes
We Be Jammin’ Jamaican Banana Bread | Valerie’s Kitchen
Praline Topped Apple Bread | Shugary Sweets
And, while you’re at it, grab another bag of chocolate chips and make these absolutely perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies!
Sour Cream Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
Sour cream adds great texture and flavor to this beautiful, golden brown loaf of Sour Cream Chocolate Chip Banana Bread. Delicious!
- 1/2 cup butter , softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup regular or light sour cream
- 1 cup mashed overripe bananas (2 bananas)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts , finely chopped
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Generously coat a 9-"x 5-inch loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl using an electric hand or stand mixer, cream together the softened butter and sugar. Add the eggs and vanilla, and mix again to combine.
- In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Beat the flour mixture into the butter mixture just until moistened. Finally, use a wooden spoon to fold in the sour cream, walnuts and bananas. Spread evenly into the prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 55 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Cool loaf in the pan for 10 minutes then remove from pan and allow to cool completely.