This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Stop & Shop. All opinions are 100% mine.
Keep it simple and classic with this All-American Burger. It will be the star of your 4th of July menu!
I’m here today with this classic burger recipe and to let you all know about a great online recipe resource just in time for your 4th of July menu planning.
When Stop & Shop asked if I’d like to share one of their luscious burger recipes with you, I honestly had a tough time deciding which one to choose. But in the end, this All-American Burger was the winner. It is precisely what comes to mind when I think of old-fashioned summer BBQ’s.
Slice some watermelon, butter the corn-on-the-cob, and pour the lemonade. It’s time for a summer party!
The All-American Burger starts with a simply seasoned grilled beef patty with melted sharp cheddar cheese. Pile it high on a toasted bun with a creamy, smoky burger sauce, lettuce and tomato. Classic!
I found this recipe and lots more at the Stop & Shop Savory Recipe Center. It’s a goldmine of summer entertaining ideas! The collection of recipes includes everything you need to plan a fabulous menu for your 4th of July celebration. You’ll find everything from delicious entrees to salads and sides, and some pretty darn delicious summer desserts. They really nailed it with this assortment of family-friendly, easy to prepare recipes using readily available ingredients that won’t cost you an arm and a leg. They’re making it easy for you to pull together a no-sweat menu that is sure to impress at your 4th of July gathering.
For the 4th, I love to go the traditional route with an authentic, old-fashioned menu. This burger is exactly what I had in mind.
Here is how it’s done.
Grab a mixing bowl and combine your ground beef with a little Worcestershire sauce, Dijon mustard, salt, and pepper. Use clean hands to mix the meat and seasonings. For the best result, don’t overwork the meat.
The burger patties should be no more than 3/4″ thick and be sure to press down in the center of each, forming a small indentation. They will plump as they cook so you don’t want them too thick to begin with. The indentation will help keep the patties stay even as they plump up.
The basics – sesame seed buns, sliced sharp cheddar cheese, lettuce, and tomato.
Grill the burgers until cooked through and top them with sharp cheddar cheese.
When I removed the burgers from the grill, I popped the buns on the grill for just a couple of minutes to get them a little toasty. I like the texture of a toasted bun and they’ll hold up better to the ingredients.
What really puts these burgers over the top is the sauce. Mayonnaise, ketchup, dijon, sweet pickle relish, and a touch of chipotle chili powder. It is the perfect balance of flavors – a little sweet, a little smoky, and totally fabulous. I doubled the sauce recipe because I just had a feeling we’d want to be generous with it. I was right.
Pop on over to the Stop & Shop Savory Recipe Center for plenty of festive recipe inspiration for the 4th!
4 adjust servings
- 4 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 teaspoons sweet pickle relish
- 5 teaspoons Dijon mustard, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1-1/4 pounds ground beef
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 slices sharp Cheddar cheese
- 4 hamburger buns
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 tomato slices
- Coat grill rack with non-stick cooking spray. Preheat grill on medium heat.
- For the sauce, in a small bowl combine mayonnaise, ketchup, relish, 1 teaspoon of the mustard (reserve the rest), and chipotle powder. Refrigerate while preparing burgers.
- In a medium bowl combine ground beef, remaining 3 teaspoons mustard, Worcestershire, and salt and pepper to taste; mix well. Form into 4 patties about 1/2" to 3/4" thick.
- Grill, covered, 4-5 minutes per side or to desired doneness. During the last 2 minutes of grilling, top each patty with 1 cheese slice; grill until melted. Remove from grill.
- Place buns, cut side down, on grill. Grill until lightly toasted.
- Spread sauce on cut sides of buns. Place burgers in buns, top with lettuce and tomato, and serve.