With the help of some fabulous food bloggers, I’ve assembled this collection of simple recipes for college students that all have some very important things in common. They involve simple ingredients, no fancy kitchen tools or appliances are required, and each one is quick and easy enough to prepare in a small dorm or off-campus housing kitchen.
Click HERE to sign up for your FREE email subscription and never miss a recipe!
If you are a college student looking for a little cooking inspiration, you’re in the right place! If you are the parent of a college student, give your son or daughter a little nudge by sharing this collection with them. Cooking in college is the beginning of what we parents hope will be a life-long interest in preparing healthy food for themselves and one day, for their own families.
Within the first few months of living away from home, most college kids find that splitting their meals between the campus dining halls and local fast food joints is not going to cut it for the next four (or more) years. This will be very apparent on their visits home. “What’s for dinner, Mom” takes on a whole new meaning for them once they’ve had to fend for themselves for a few months. I guarantee they will return home for visits with a new level of appreciation for your efforts in the kitchen and may start taking notice so they can attempt to duplicate some of those meals on their own. Even if your kids have shown zero interest in cooking while living in the luxury and comfort of your home, the college experience will most likely bring them into the kitchen.
It’s easy for college kids to get in the bad habit of skipping breakfast as they rush off to class each day. Here are some healthy, hearty options to keep them on track.
4. Tropical Green Smoothie – Valerie’s Kitchen
5. Overnight Oats 3 Ways – PB Banana, Raspberry Nutella, & Coconut Almond – Five Heart Home
This assortment of main dishes includes lots of familiar, comforting flavors and most of these recipes will reheat beautifully.
9. Easy, Cheesy 5-Ingredient Pizza Pasta Bake – Two Healthy Kitchens
10. Quick and Easy Spaghetti Bolognese – Erren’s Kitchen
11. Grilled Cheese Roll Ups with Tomato Soup Dipping Sauce – Chocolate Moosey
22. Quinoa Tabbouleh Salad – Joyful Healthy Eats
23. Quick & Easy Chinese Noodle Soup – Erren’s Kitchen
24. Chicken Salad Sliders – The Lemon Bowl
25. Mexican Tortellini Casserole for Two – Peas and Crayons
28. Buffalo Chicken Flatbread Pizza – Valerie’s Kitchen
29. Cherry Summer Kale Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette – Joyful Healthy Eats
30. Skillet Sausage Pasta – Valerie’s Kitchen
31. Pizza Joes – Valerie’s Kitchen
32. Chicken Thai Noodle Bowls – Yummy Healthy Easy
33. Veggie Roll Rice Bowl with Creamy Sesame-Wasabi Dressing – Kitchen Treaty
A selection of delectable but simple recipes to satisfy your sweet tooth.
For lots of delicious recipes, giveaways, and more, be sure to follow Valerie’s Kitchen